Wednesday 9 April 2014

Paintball Attack!

Time for PAIN-BALL!!
Lol because it's really painful to the balls.

At Red Dynasty Paintball, they offer one of the most reliable and up to date paintball equipment which are carefully maintained on a regular basis and properly cleaned to provide the most comfortable experience for every participant. They have different packages catering to different groups at affordable prices, and offer free shower facilities and parking too.
Hence, it was our choice and we took up Package D - Rambo (250 paintballs $49.90/pax).

"250 paintballs should be enough to kill.. or be killed" I thought. Lol.

Ready for war

At 10:30am, a total of 8 of us gathered at Red Dynasty Paintball Park at Jurong (Fairway Club), ready to kickstart some painful fun. Sounds sadistic right hahaha. It was my first time, but I've heard so much about this game - it's fun, but because with small hard balls (called paintball ammo) flying at approximately 200miles per hour hitting you whether in far or close range, it's definitely painful.

What You Need To SURVIVE



We had 3 competent facilitators to brief and assist us in the game, and the above was what we needed:

Helmet - This is compulsory as when on the battlefield with ammos shooting in all directions, you'd definitely want to have your face, head and especially your eyes protected.

Amour - This is to protect your upper body from the flying ammos. It's gonna be painful if it hits your stomach or ribs. 

Gun - This is your weapon to fire at your opponent (with ammos fully loaded of course). If you don't have it, you better find a place to hide or you're pretty dead.

Bag of Balls - A bag of ammos strapped around your waist to load your gun and refill when you're out. The rule is when you're out of ammos, you raise your hand and shout across the battlefield so everyone knows and they're not supposed to fire at you. It also means, you're defenseless so everyone WILL still shoot at you. Muahahahaha

The two cutest players on the field! :p

Excited, I quickly donned on my gears and equipped myself with the necessaries. As everyone else were preparing themselves, I went around interviewing my players on how they were feeling about the battle that was about to begin.

Aim point
As usual, there will be one of those haolian (boastful) players who take fun to a new level as they go around trolling people to fire at them as hard as they can.

Praying for safety

And there are those who are really nervous, standing quietly at a corner with their eyes closed, praying earnestly for their safety. These are the ones you'd want to aim at too :p

We were split evenly into two groups (4 on each). As much as the girls and I wanted to prove our girl power by being on the same team, we decided to be kind and distribute our strengths respectively to the boys. Somehow, the guys on my team seemed worried I was with them. I wonder why... (maybe they were afraid I would outshine them hahaha).

Team A
Team B

Now that we're all properly geared up, our facilitators gave us one final briefing on the game before we headed for the field. Honestly I wasn't paying attention. Of all the benefits of playing this game, like team bonding, leadership skills, decision making skills, confidence enhancement etc, there was only one thing on my mind : Kill or be killed. Hahaha not in a sadist way, in a fun way! (Ok that sounded more sadistic).

The battlefield

We got to the field and got into position.
Basically, among the two teams, one team is the "terrorist", the other team is the "defender".
There will be a box with a lock and key containing explosive dummies placed in the middle of the field. The "terrorists" are supposed to attain the explosives which the "defenders" must protect. Whoever gets the explosive first wins the game.

Let the game (war) begin! 

Unsure how it was going to start or be like, I hid behind one of the big cans, which I found out to be pretty useless as before the whistle sound off for the game to start, ammos were flying EVERYWHERE left right centre bottom and I got hit.

My first time getting hit by a flying ammo - "Tak!" was the sound I heard, and in seconds I feel this stinging sensation of pain, like a few needles pricking the part which got hit, my upper thigh.
I was alarmed, "oh shit! This is painful! Shiiiit!" I shouted to my team mate.

"Just run out and fire! Stop hiding!" shouted my team mate who was laughing away at my first shot.

I was scared hahaha my thigh hurts already, I don't want to get hit in the face or something!

"I don't want! I don't want! I don't..." as I was shouting,

PIAKKKK!! 

"AH! WHICH ASSHOLE SHOOT AT MY FACE??!!" I screamed, as an ammo hit the front of my helmet, paint was smudged all over my visor and I could taste the paint in my mouth, on my lips. 
I heard someone laughing exceptionally loudly, I looked around and saw, I knew instantly that was the asshole, my opponent, whom I am so gonna take revenge on.

My mindset became "go hard or go home". So off I went, dodging ammos, hiding, creeping up to my opponent team. As I crept up right next to my opponent team member, one of the girls, I told her "we are girls! Same same! Don't shoot me ok?" She nodded and there, my access granted right up to the idiot who shot me in my face.

"Hello" I said, with my gun pointing at him in close range.

He turned around, face in horror as he was reloading his gun, and shouted at his female team player "oei! How come you let her pass?? Shoot her down!"

Best part was my girlfriend shouted back "She's my friend! Cannot shoot her!"

HAHAHA. In complete disbelief, he hurriedly continued to reload his gun.

Too late. I fired at him like nobody's business and my evil laughter echoed all around. Once I saw he reloaded his gun, I quickly ran for cover. Another girlfriend of mine got shot right in the neck at close range, her skin tore and it bled on the spot. We had that heartless prick heavily attacked after that, lol.

The game went on and on with laughter, painful screams, commands to defend and attack for over about 2 hours. It was fun.


The Aftermath

Ammo attacks

After the game, we returned our gears at the briefing area and one by one, all of us started showing off heroic moments of the war - the battle scars of getting hit by ammos. The boys were comparing who was more gung ho (brave/gutsy) base on who had the most number of ammo shots on their bodies.

Poor zac....

Ouch.. See, doesn't that look painful? Thank god I didn't get shot many times. Phew! If we girls get attacked like that, that's it, no more tube dresses or sleeveless tops or bikinis for a long while.

Girl power

The field was pretty muddy as it rained for the past couple of days, hence our dirty mud stained jeans and shoes. Our facilitators assured us not to worry on the ammo stain as they are easily washed off once we throw our clothes into the washing machine, so that's good. We don't have to throw our clothes away after just a game.


After we washed up, we thanked our facilitators for being a great sport and we all left happily for lunch, where we continued talking about all the funny moments during the game :)


Red Dynasty Paintball Park (Jurong)
Address: 11 Japanese Garden Road, Singapore 619229
Tel: 6755 7537
Prices from: $10.00/pax