Saturday 5 April 2014

Becoming a Stewardess with Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Batch
Kirei kirei Yukina and I
I joined Singapore Airlines as a flight stewardess right after I graduated from college.

I continued to ride off-road when on my off days when I was in Singapore. Most of my friends could only go on the weekend so sometimes I would go alone on weekdays (strongly not advised).

I had to be careful when I ride as any major form of injury was possible which could lead to jeopardizing my career with the airlines. As you know, they are very particular about image, so obviously if I get a scar on my arm or dislocated my knee I would not be able to fly.



Being with the top airline in the world - Singapore Airlines, I've enjoyed the privileges of having traveled to many countries, met many people, exposed to many cultures which have made me part of who I am today. You'll see that the world is a lot bigger than we can ever imagine, life's too short and there's just so much to discover.

Places That I've Traveled To On The Boeing 777

People often ask me, where do I fly to and how often do I fly to those places. Being with an international airline, I fly internationally. That includes Asia, Europe, America, Africa, Middle East etc. As a crew, we fly with different set of crews and different passengers for every single flight. Hence, we've got to be independent individuals who are versatile in working with and handling different people from around the world. Singapore Airlines has approximately over 7,000 cabin crew, mainly Singaporeans, as well as friends from Taiwan, Korea, Japan, India, Indonesia, Malaysia for the respective routes flown.

I personally love traveling too so after I left the airlines, I continued traveling around and I loved doing it backpacking style. There's so much more you see when you travel on foot where it brings you so much closer to ground and the people around.

The places I've been to can be seen here.