Wednesday 2 April 2014

My Class 2A Motorcycle License (up to 400cc)

I never had to intention to ride anything bigger than a class 2B bike (not more than 200cc) as I always thought the rest of the bigger capacity bikes are too big for me. I may not be able to handle it anyway. Nevertheless, I decided to just take up my Class 2A license just in case.

For Class 2A, there's only 3 practical lessons, no theory. It's more or less straightforward.
Same courses you have to go through as when taking the Class 2B, just that this time round there's an additional course called the Bumpy course. Basically you have to ride over small bumps slowly and don't drop the bike. Somehow, that was a breeze for me :)

This time, it took me 2 attempts to pass the test.
So hooray, up one level. 




Note: In Singapore, you'll have to wait an interval of minimum 1 year before upgrading your license. It's a safety measure that the school advocate to ensure you have minimum riding experience before upgrading to a bigger capacity bike.