Saturday 27 June 2015

Day 25 #B.E. Old Tingri - Shigatse : Leaving My Heart In The Himalayas


Woke up this morning and it was time for me to head back to Shigatse. Mannn! I was so reluctant to leave the Himalayas! How I wish I could stay here for a few days more!!


Sigh, but my permit to stay longer doesn't allow.. :....( The next time I come here again, I'm gonna make sure to apply at least a one week stay here.


My very initial plan was to cross over to Nepal via Zhangmu/Kodari Border after Everest Base Camp but the borders has been closed since the Earthquake in May and has not reopened since.

So I've to ride back to Shigatse first, stay a night there before leaving Tibet by flying out from Lhasa Airport.


There were some points during my journey that I felt was really long, but here in the Himalayas I wished time would stand still.

My heart has just been captivated by the raw beauty of this place.

Out of nowhere a beautiful white horse appears
Give me a piece of land here to grow some crops, provide me with unlimited 4G WIFI and I think I can live here for the next few months or a year maybe. Oh it'll be nice to charter private flights for my family and friends to come visit me occasionally :)


Instead of the usual pace where I'd go faster than my guide, this time I told him to go ahead first and meet at the check point as I took a slow ride back.


I didn't care if I was gonna have to ride through the night to reach Shigatse. All I wanted was just to stay here for as long more as I can because my time in the Himalayas was too short-lived :(


I was treasuring every minute, absorbing every moment and element I have left here; from the dry air that I was breathing, the sand in my eyes, the strong sun shining on my skin, the Tibetan tents I rode pass, the villagers waving at me, the soft soil my bike's rear was sinking in, the mountains, the landscapes and everything else.


And for one last time, I stopped at this signboard, not forgetting how it made my heart skip a few beats when I first saw it.


Reluctantly exited the Himalayas Region and was greeted by endless fields of greenery and cole flowers. I decided to just take a break and have some biscuits, in my usual hobo unglamorous way. Haha ;) Who cares anyway.

It's so fragrant hereee!
YEAHHH!

A RAINBOW amidst the clouds
Already reminiscing the days I spent in the Himalayas over the past 250KM that I covered today as I returned back into the little bustling city of Shigatse town.


"The only time you should look back is to see how far you've come" 

So glad it all happened and Thank God for my safety being preserved throughout this entire journey traveling solo. Recalling back, there were many opportunities for accidents to occur or for things to go terribly wrong over the different countries and routes that I rode through, but it didn't.

One for #BeyondEverest!
Left my heart in the Himalayas as I prepare for my departure out of Tibet tomorrow..








[Singapore.Malaysia.Thailand.Laos.China.Tibet]
[Mileage Clocked: 7,456KM]
[Weather/Temperature: Sunny/Strong Winds/14°C/3°C]
[Altitude: 4,300m]
[Terrain: Mountain Roads/Tarmac/Gravel]

Next: Lhasa Airport, Tibet