Friday 11 November 2016

#SG-Cambodia : Preparation - Riding From Singapore To One of The 7 Wonders of The World – Ang Kor Wat, Cambodia



If being free-spirited and chasing my dreams on my passion for motorcycling is a crime, then I gladly plead guilty to it :D

What I love about biking is you can just, start, and go, you know. To wherever you want, no matter the place or distance. And this time, I'll be riding my Ducati Hypermotard over 5,000 km from home to Angkor Wat, Cambodia and back.


Constructed in the 12th Century (113-5BC), taking an estimated 30 years to build by King Suryavarman II, preserving it's unrivalled beauty after centuries with an artistic distinctiveness, is the 7th Wonder of the World, Angkor Wat. It is the world's largest religious structure ever built and what's amazing is it's almost a millenium old and riding to this place has been on my bucketlist!


Credits to khan academy

So this is the day just before my long ride to the 7th Wonder of The World, Ang Kor Wat, Cambodia, but the feeling hasn’t really quite sunk in yet. It’s always like that for me, as it was when I embarked on my Everest Base Camp ride last June. It’s only when I’ve literally set off, on the go, then everything sinks in and “this shit just got real” kicks in. LOL.



Here’s what I prepared and packed for the trip!


 All my gadgets that I can't live without. 


 Nobody wishes for a puncture but it's always better to be prepared.



With so many kilometres of riding, that chain sure needs those lub! And with so many hours and weeks of riding, you dont' want your helmet to stink with sweat and a visor stained with dead bugs.


My super user-friendly TomTom GPS to lead the way.


A mini mini first aid kit with some basics, just in case. 


Vacuumed-packed all my clothes simply with a zip-lock bag to keep everything compressed that helps in saving lotsa baggage space.



As I was gonna do close to a 1,000km ride from Singapore – Hat Yai, Thailand directly tomorrow, the move off time was set at 4:00am so we can clear Sadao Border before any peak hour traffic and also get to Hat Yai Railway Station early enough to purchase cargo tickets for our bikes to go up the train from Hat Yai to Bangkok.

Ample rest is crucial… I reminded myself a thousand times. But still, I ended up sleeping at only 1:35am. With just 90 minutes left to sleep, I really don’t know how I’m going to last through  8 – 10 hours of riding non-stop.



[Singapore]
[Mileage Clocked: 0KM]
[Weather/Temperature: Sunny/31°C]
[Terrain: Tarmac]