Thursday 3 December 2015

Day 3 #MHS. Hat Yai - Bangkok : Basking In Bangkok Jam And.. Getting Stopped By The Police


Hello Bangkok! I remember thinking to myself if I'd ever take my Ducati to you.
Now, here I am! :D

I know I look like I'm in some messy slump here but it's not that bad ok. I'm actually quite neat one. I don't know why things just happen to be everywhere here lol

Let's scroll back a few hours where we were still on the train. Woke up to the sound train tracks, and realized we're still about an hour away from Bangkok so I decided to just chill while waiting for breakfast to be served.


Before we know it, we hear the train staff announcing "Hua Lampong Railway Station Bangkok" and yep! Time to get our asses off the train!

Got off and headed straight to the cargo, with my camera ready in hand, to capture the moment of my Ducati being unloaded in the most gentle way possible. Looks like the strings used to tie down my bike were not too bad! It held my bike in place throughout the 15 hour slightly bumpy train ride.


Sometimes you need good friends to help you take that leap of Faith uh. Haha as seen here, 4 strong men bringing my baby down, slowly and steadily.


I lost count on how many times I told them to be careful with a worried smile on my face and they're like "WE GOT THIS, WOMAN."

LOL.


Hooray! My baby made a safe landing and all is good! No new scratches noticed, just some dust collected from the train ride as the cargo doors are left open.


Now for the Honda CBR600RR's turn. With it's bottom clearance lower (compared to my Hypermotard), the men need to bring it out horizontally further before the front wheel can safely find footing on the ground.


Just look at that, all smiles on the faces of the train staffs :) Even though all their muscles are supporting this 180KG darling.

I was totally not helping by saying "Omg omg the bike below part gonna hit the train already" like dunno how many times. I can really be a kanchiong spider.

Anyway, we (our bikes and ourselves) made it safely and we're in Bangkok!!
Tipped the porter and thanked them again for taking care of our bikes during the unloading process.

Tipping amount depends on you. A reasonable range is around 100 - 200 THB.


Time to push our bikes out of Hua Lampong Station. Due to safety reasons, riding in the train compound is not allowed.


So here we are! Sawadeeka Bangkok! Feels so surreal to be here with my baby Ducati!
Oh and just look at the amount of space I'm left to sit after all my baggage are strapped up. Haha plus my bags are stacked high enough to act as a back support while I ride. Hurhur.


Time to navigate our way through Bangkok's vibrant traffic jam, to our hotel near On Nut.

#throwback in Bangkok in July 2015
Totally reminds me of the time when I was here in Bangkok with my Suzuki DR200 for #BeyondEverest just 5 months ago in July!


So somehow, I forgot to exclude tollways on the GPS and naturally it took us to take it as it was the fastest route calculated. We got stopped by the police although we made a U-turn before the tollway's gantry.

He asked for our licenses, spoke some Thai of which I only understood "500 baht". I'm guessing that's the fine amount he's imposing on us? But I was just like, "No.. We go Chiang Mai".

After 10 minutes of repeating the same words politely, he let us off.

So remember guys! Motorcycles are not allowed on tollways! And remember to smile a lot if you're stopped by the police ;)

My all time favourite Thai foodzz

Checked into our hotel and immediately went out to hunt for glorious Thai street food again!
Nomnom! You know they say, when you're on holiday, it's not a sin to eat as much as you want ;p


Eat, shop, and walk a lot. This is what you do when you're in Bangkok!
Continued munching on street food as we walked through town, prettily decorated with big bright Christmas trees and beautiful lighting all around, all ready for the season of Thanksgiving.


What better way to end the day with a full body Thai massage!
After all that eating and walking, off we went to the popular massage palour near Baiyoke Sky Hotel before returning back to the hotel for a good night's rest.




 
[Singapore.Malaysia.Hat Yai.Bangkok]
[Mileage Clocked: 960KM]
[Weather/Temperature: Sunny/31°C]
[Terrain: Tarmac]

Next: Lopburi, Thailand