Friday 24 July 2015

Day 31 #B.E. Bangkok - Kanchanaburi - Bangkok : Riding 400KM Over To Say "Thank You" To Someone Special


Say "Hi!!!" to my very cute Dala from Biker Chicks Thailand everybardyyy! 

Dala and her Ducati Monster

Just like a sister even though we may live many miles apart, yet brought together through the love and passion for riding. Fully geared up, Dala will be riding close to 400KM with me, from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi (and back), to say "Thank You" to someone special! 


Remember the kind bike mechanic who worked tirelessly on my Suzuki DR200 for almost 8 hours when it broke down during my #beyondeverest journey up? From day..


Till night..

Thank God it broke down right outside his workshop, because apart from his shop, there was nothing else around. It's just, out of nowhere, still a distance from Kanchanaburi city. 


Without the mechanic, I wouldn't have been able to continue my journey as planned.

Dala's Ducati
But because of him, I completed my journey on schedule and I'm able to ride over to look him up once again! 

I didn't have the address of his workshop, but with my vague memory (haha not exactly helpful right), Dala, and a bottle of Johnny Walker in my bag for him as a little gift, I was determined to find him!


Rode out of Bangkok city where we refueled. It was 38°C.. but the make up must maintain!! Hahaha. 

On the road to Kanchanaburi
Off we go! At the speed of light >:) 

We were cruising at about 80km/h on the first lane of the motorway as we just clocked our first 120km, and then..


We got pulled over to the side by the traffic police officer. 

This is when "act blur live longer" can be applied! So, I gave a blur sotong look while I watched Dala work her charms. 

The officer was really polite. Especially upon realizing he's talking to a pretty girl with barbie doll eyes. Haha! :p Actually Thailand police are known to be generally polite and nice la.

So, apparently motorbikes are not allowed on the first lane. We apologized and he let us go without a ticket :)


Then we went back on Lane 1. Hahah nahh just kidding. 


We continued on our way keeping in lane 2 & 3. Entered into Kanchanaburi then got lost for a bit, overshot by 20KM before we u-turned and finally found the bike mechanic's workshop! 


SAWADEEKAAAAA!!! 

Sooo happy to see the bike mechanic and his wife again! They were pleasantly surprised at my return and Dala was being an awesome translator from Thai - Eng as we exchanged conversations. 


I shared with him how my journey went and and he was worried if my bike faced any further problems along the way, which thankfully no. He was just so glad that I'm back safe and sound :)

It's amazing how strangers can show the most genuine concern to a person they encountered, only cause they care :D I'm so touched. 


After spending about an hour + catching up with the Thai mechanic and his wife, it was time for Dala and I to head back to Bangkok before it gets too late.

Managed to snap a selfie with another biker on the road
Told the Thai mech I'll visit him whenever I can next time if I ride to Thailand again. With a smile on my face and my heart warmed by his kindness, we bid goodbye and off we went, back to Bangkok. 

Dala
So thankful and happy to have Dala ride with me on this trip, can't wait to see her again when I visit Thailand next time!


 Lurvvee this woman. 


"Remember the people who touched your hearts, they are the reasons why life is still beautiful."



Back in Bangkok, got out of all that gears and it feels good to be in a light casual dress! 
Headed out for a quick walk & shop at Platinum Mall.


Enjoying my last day ride here, wheezing through the jam on my little Suzuki DR200! 

Tomorrow I will be departing Bangkok and I can't wait for the 15 hours train ride experience. Haha wonder how it'll be like.

Stay tuned to find out!


[Singapore.Thailand]
[Mileage Clocked: 8,211KM]
[Weather/Temperature: Sunny/38°C]
[Terrain: Tarmac]

Next: Hat Yai, Thailand