Wednesday 22 July 2015

Day 29 #B.E. Singapore - Bangkok : Beyond Everest Journey RESUMES!


Just when you thought #BeyondEverest journey is really over, it has RESUMED!!

For the whole of June, I rode my Suzuki DR200 dirt bike from Singapore all the way to the Himalayas in Tibet and took a plane back from there while my bike was carefully transported to Thailand by land.

All my gears packed into one GIVI bag again
After recuperating for about 2.5 weeks and receiving news that my bike has arrived into Bangkok, Thailand, I've got all my gears packed up again and I'm flying over to personally bring my soldier back home!

Safety No.1 with my HJC Rpha Full Face Helmet

It was perfectly timely as Scoot was having a promo and my one-way air ticket to Bangkok cost ONLY $4 (excl taxes). That's like just two items from Daiso! :D


Took an afternoon flight, arrived into Bangkok and checked into hotel Loft 77
Spacious and clean, with cute hand-art displayed all over their walls, this boutique hotel is definitely value for money at just $25 a night.

In Bangkok MRT
Unloaded my bags in the hotel and took the MRT straight to Hua Lampong where Bangkok Railway Station was.

At Bangkok Railway Station
Why? Because instead of riding from Bangkok to Hat Yai where I will cross Sadao Border from Thailand to Malaysia, I decided to experience the old school Thailand Railway for me and my bike! 

Ticket Counter
I was only gonna depart Bangkok in 4 days time, on a Saturday. But it falls on a weekend and it's a "Sleeper's Cabin" (overnight train ride), so I purchased my train ticket in advanced to avoid the situation of seats selling out, as advised by my local Thailand friend. 

Waiting Area

Prices of tickets varies according to the different Class of Cabin available.

The trains

1st Class - The most expensive (2,000 Baht) but you have full privacy as you'll enjoy the entire cabin to yourself. Comes with bed and air con.

2nd Class - I bought this one (950 Baht) as I'm okay with a shared cabin. Comes with bed and air con too. 

3rd Class - Comes with bed but no air con (430 Baht). 

Cargo ticket for my bike can only be purchased on the day I depart.


Now that I've settled my train ride ticket, I headed to Chinatown to fill my tummy with delicious foods before taking a tuk tuk back to the hotel to rest. 


Can't wait to see my bike tomorrowwwwww!!
Hope it's in one piece man! 




[Singapore.Thailand]
[Mileage Clocked: 7,777KM]
[Weather/Temperature: Sunny/30°C]
[Terrain: Tarmac]

Next: Bangkok, Thailand +1