Thursday 23 July 2015

Day 30 #B.E. Bangkok : Reuniting With My Suzuki DR200 Dirt Bike Soldier

Ready for the ride
My bike has just made it's way here all the way from Tibet and I can't wait to collect it today!

Like finally. Honestly I've been worried over a few things because it was my first time getting my bike transported this way, I was afraid it'll arrive with parts broken or spoilt. Also, I was concerned on any complication that may arise during border crossings without me (as the rightful owner) around, even with the necessary paperworks in place.

So anyway, I'm thankful that it made it to Bangkok.

Wearing #BeyondEverest T-Shirt again specially prepared by Route 82 !

Got up early this morning and shuuper excited to collect my hardy tardy Suzuki DR200 that has arrived into BangNa Post Office, Bangkok.

With my backpack on and RS Taichi gears ready, let's go!


It was 8:00AM and the roads were jammed up during this peak hour. Only one way to beat it, is to take a Motorcycle Taxi to the Post Office. Plus it wasn't too far from my hotel anyway, less than 10KM away.

Agreed on a price with the biker and off we go!


I'm usually not a very good pillion because I'm not used to not being in control of the bike. But somehow on Thailand's Motorcycle Taxis, I trust the biker. Well, after all it takes a certain amount of motorbike skill to survive in Bangkok's erratic traffic right? Haha.

All bubble-wrapped up

Arrived at Bangna Post Office and the staff here did some paperwork verification before taking me to the back of the post office.

OH HELLOOOO! LOOK WHO'S THEREEEE!!!
 


THAT'S MA SOLDIER RIGHT THERE!

Collecting my bike from the Post Office is just like collecting a registered parcel. But you need a Thailand contact and local address for the post office to register the parcel to, although the bike is shipped to the post office. Luckily I've got my Thailand friend who helped me in this.

Unwrapping like a babarian hahaha

What are we waiting for?? Let's rip the bubble wrap off and start em engines yo!


Pushed my bike out of the post office and was so eager to start the engine. I inspected my bike and it looked just like how it was when I left Tibet. Nothing was broken, even my signal lights were all intact.

 
Pretty amazing considering it went through lying down in the van from Tibet to Mohan (China) Border, then from there through Laos to Chiang Mai Thailand, then up a lorry it went from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.

And after all that, it's still in one proper piece!
Superrr!


Pulled the choke and my bike started just fine! Revved it a little, geared up, and we're good to go!


#BEYONDEVEREST RESUMES!!!

Welcome to Bangkok jam once again! Hehe I've got a troop with me here. Feels really good to back on the road with my Suzuki DR200. It sure is a champion survivor.



Having been through so much with me, the least I can do for it now is take it for a nice clean bath (which is SO overdue). Haha time to wash off all that dirt and mud stains collected from Singapore - Tibet.


Rims are cleaned, no more dirt stuck in between the engine portion and stains are off my swingarms. 
Pretty good job done for a 200 Baht bike wash service here.



Rode it back to the hotel as I prep up for a 400KM ride to Kanchanaburi to find someone special tomorrow!




[Singapore.Thailand]
[Mileage Clocked: 7,805KM]
[Weather/Temperature: Sunny/31°C]
[Terrain: Tarmac]

Next: Kanchanaburi, Thailand