Friday 10 April 2015

Part 1: Riding from Singapore - Mount Everest Base Camp, Solo


If you have a dream, never let anyone or anything stop you from making it a reality.

So much has been going on, and I'm very excited to finally share this with all of you!

Credits to nepaleveresttreks
This June, I will be riding my motorcycle, from Singapore all the way to MOUNT EVEREST Base Camp.

Solo.

Traveling Across 6 Countries
Clocking Over 7,500KM
Ascending Up to Altitude of 5,100metres
From 33℃ (Singapore) to -0℃ (Mt.Everest Base Camp)


The Story: Beyond Everest (B.E.)

B.E.lieve
B.E.come

We all have our own "mountain" of challenges, "mountains" that we have to scale and get through before reaching the top, where our goals and our dreams are.

Nobody said it was gonna be easy, but stay determined, endure and persevere through tough times, have that little faith and don't stop believing. Eventually, you will get to where you want to be.

Riding is my passion, and it fueled my quest of traveling on my two wheelers from Singapore to Mount Everest Base Camp.

Working out regularly as I would need to be able to pick up my own bike more than once if necessary

Despite so much discouragement received from people I've spoken to about, warnings on the challenging road/off road conditions I will face, the long and tiring hours of riding continuously through drastic weather fluctuations from hot to cold, fixing my bike if it breaks down halfway, and the possibility of suffering from altitude sickness etc,..

I'm going, and I will get there :)


The Objective:




As a well-abled body working on my quest, named "Beyond Everest", the mission for this trip is to raise awareness for the Singapore Disability Sports Council, the organization supporting Team Singapore in the Paralympics, to help the athletes fulfill their dreams.


Sharing the same vision as SDSC, we hope to promote, through sports, the well-being of the disabled in Singapore, helping them to live full and independent lives. You could support them by donating or volunteering at the council. Every bit of help would go a long long way.

I hope through this journey and all my experiences that I will be sharing along the way, it will inspire our generation that regardless of whatever situation you are in, realize that each and every one of you has potentials to go beyond the boundaries, to make a positive impact on our society, to do what you never thought you could.

It's going to be a long ride, it's gonna be physically and mentally exhausting but I know it will be worth it.

I would need all the help and support I can get to complete this journey, so please contact me if you'd like to lend a helping hand :)