Saturday 18 April 2015

LIVE ON AIR : MediaCorp Radio 98.7 with Sonia Chew

I'M SHO EXCITED!

It's my first time on Mediacorp Radio 98.7FM, Singapore's No.1 HITS radio station. Having almost half a million listeners, how not to feel a bit nervous? Then again, what an awesome way to start FRIDAY!

Credits to 98.7FM
On the Bright Side Morning Show with DJ Sonia, we're gonna talk about my upcoming motorcycling trip from Singapore - Mount Everest Base Camp! So glad to be able to share this with all of you, bikers or not.

We have arrived
I guiltily admit that I'm not exactly the most punctual person all the time (uh oh, I hear friends screaming in agreement), but you know, some things can wait a little, some things can't! Like going on RADIO.

I'm ready!
Despite the usual morning peak hour jam, I managed to get to the Radio Building earlier than my scheduled interview time. Which was good, cuz it gave me some time to settle in.

Chilling in the studio
98.7FM studio is so cosy!! The atmosphere felt to relaxed with warm lights and like.. a thousand and one microphones around. Left right center all also have. Met the ever so cute Sonia, where she told me not to worry about a thing.


"Hey Sonia, will there be a set of questions you'll be asking me that I need to prepare for?"

"Oh, yeah. The usual questions lah, no need to prepare one"

What is "usual questions"? What if she asks me something and I stumble over my words, unsure of how best to answer? Howww?

"Don't worry la, you'll be fineee! Hahaha" she laughed, as she went on air.

Sound Check
Hello, testing 1,2,3. 


My heart beating quite fast, check out my nervous face man.


Lights, camera and mic ready! Not just on radio, but on 98.7FM Radio TV too.
Let's go!


Sonia was superb. She made it so comfortable that I almost forgot I was on air. We talked about how I started riding, how my family and friends feel about it, and all the preparations I need for the trip of my life, riding from Singapore - Mount Everest B.C. solo.

I just can't wipe that smile off my face when talking about bikes and the feeling it gives you, like a freedom rushing through your veins!

When Sonia asked me "the" question
Talking about bikes like boys do but giggling like girls, as much as I ride a motorbike, I'm still very much a woman! I love make up, dressing up in dresses and killer heels too.

With Soni
Thank you Sonia and 98.7FM for having me today! What a wonderful experience it was from start to end! #OneForTheBikers! Hahaha If you missed it, not to worry, the whole interview should be up on Radio TV soon so stay tuned!