Wednesday 1 June 2016

Pirelli : Blown Away By The BMW S1000RR Fitted On With Diablo Rosso III At My First Track Ride at Sepang International Circuit



Freshly baked out of Pirelli's oven, we're here to try out the all new Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tyres at Sepang International Circuit!



Omggg I'm SHUPER excited cuz it's gonna be my first Sepang track ride!! I've watched Rossi and Marquez on this track during Moto GP and just too stoked to be able to ride here too! What's better is that the track has just been re-surfaced! So it's gonna be ultra smooth and nice to ride on!




Caught up with Kawasaki Team Rider Tom Sykes #66 over FIM World Superbike Championship where he swept First place during Race 1, followed by a stunning wet weather display by Honda Team Rider Nicky Hayden #69 who took the win in Race 2.




Thankfully, the rain went away the following day where the Diablo Rosso III press test was carried out though the track was still semi-damp from yesterday's heavy downpour.




Well, HELLO THERE sweet BMW S1000RR, all waiting to taste the freshly resurfaced track fitted on with new Rosso III rubbers.




About Diablo Rosso III

Now, the new supersport Diablo Rosso III tyre is the direct successor of the Diablo Rosso II, taking sport riding to the next level with improved grip, handling and mileage.

It is created for the modern day riders with versatile features suitable for dry or wet weather conditions, from road to track, without compromising on its durability.





"We sell what we race, we race what we sell" 

With a motto like that, the Official Tyre Supplier for FIM WSBK has managed to bring fruition all the experience acquired in the race, applying normal production products for road use while patenting materials developed for track racing activity to create the all new Diablo Rosso III.




Spotting a "flash" symbol tread pattern as also presented on the Diablo Supercorsa, the Diablo Rosso III's twin-compound rear tyre is made up of high percentages of silica providing maximum grip in all condition, while giving it good mileage.




With all that technical knowledge of the Diablo Rosso III, let's put it down to the practical test.
But first, let me put on my rainbow socks, my charm for a better ride at the tracks LOL.




Getting into my RS Taichi suit... man, the struggle is real. Definitely never as poised as this.




With media from all over Asia participating in this press test, here's Yuki from Japan! The only other female biker here with me, and I'm so excited to be riding alongside her.




LEGGOO.




First lap, taking it easy on the Ducati Hyperstrada as I started off trying to memorize the turns on the track.




Then onto leaning in on the corners.

Can I share this secret with you? I don't know why but somehow.. I always have this fear of low siding at a corner during track and when I wash out, some super fast rider behind me will roll over me and I instantly become an uneven pancake.

Maybe that's what holding me back from leaning down all the way so far.




But. Everything changed the minute I hopped onto the BMW S1000RR.




This 193hp inline four machine rides by itself! I SWEAR. And the best part is, it RIDES SO WELL.

So well that by Turn 2, my blood was pumping, my heart was racing, and I was smiling till my cheeks turned numb in my helmet because THE FEELING IS JUST SO AWESOMEEEEE AHHHH!!!

This is where I really felt the Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tyres performed too.




The tyres warmed up pretty quickly and gave instant grip both on the front and rear, significantly felt when taking the turns. Some corners had wet patches leftover from last night's rain, but the rear's grip performed equally well on wet.




This boosted my confidence by heaps and I pushed harder as I continued clocking my laps. Whether I was steering at high or low speed, superb stability on the tyres were observed, and it was so easy to lean into the corners.




What's interesting is after the whole press test track session, there was no wear on the tyres at all.




Special thanks to Joe from SBR Trackdays for such a well-organized track session!




Boy, I'm SO impressed by both the S1000RR and the Diablo Rosso III!
I don't think this feeling is gonna go away anytime soon...




The Diablo Rosso III have remarkably enhanced the whole sport riding experience to a new level.

Think I'm just patronizing? Go try it for yourself and we'll see who comes out grinning ;)



Available sizes


*The all new Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tyres are now available at Hodaka Motoworld.