Tuesday 14 June 2016

Erabelle Cosmetic Artistry : Beautiful. Bold. Brows.




Who said bikers have to always be without make-up, dirty and rugged looking?

I've met real biker chicks who ain't afraid to doll up, and not only do they look good having their beauty check in place, but overall, their looks compliment their hot rides too.




There are days where we let our hair down and get rugged while engaging in sporting activities. But I always believe, at the end of the day, as a woman, looking polished is vital. Therefore as a biker, I'm also into beauty, and I love checking out new beauty products, make-up, and cosmetic artistry.

I actually receive lots of girls asking me, how do I keep my make-up on point while wearing a helmet and perspiring in Singapore's humidity? Like, wouldn't my make-up melt or get rubbed away especially at the eyebrows where the skin always comes in contact with the cushion of my helmet each time I put on and remove it?



YES.

That's why I have eyebrow embroidery done!

Compared to the traditional eyebrow tattoo where ink is harshly embedded underneath the skin permanently, looking like two fat slugs stuck above your eyes, Erabrowlogy eyebrow embroidery is much more delicate where coloured pigment is added onto the skin with careful skilled technique, and is semi-permanent lasting up to 2 years.

After that, the colour would fade, so you can change the shape to your new-desired style, or touch up the existing embroidery.




This time, I've decided to try the multiple award-winning Erabelle :)




And here I am, at their newest branch - The Seletar Mall.
Erabelle has five branches in Singapore and 1 branch in Malaysia, so you can visit the one nearest to you.




Apart from being well known for their eyebrow embroidery, Erabelle is highly praised for their Face Spa services too, which I can't wait to try on my next visit.




My first impression upon stepping into Erabelle is that this place is so tastefully done up!
From the colours, to the matching plush furniture, down to the finest detail like the pretty knobs of the drawers.




It's also sparkling clean. There's even a drawer where your shoes are being sanitized and kept while you enjoy their services.




I was ushered by the friendly Erabelle staff to this cosy corner where tea is served, as I cool down from the heat outdoors.




The ambience is so calming that my senses relaxed almost immediately, as I sunk into the comfortable-cushioned chairs, not being to hear one bit of the noise out in the shopping mall.




Shortly, I met my pretty Brow Artist, Yuki, who was dressed in a lovely pink Kimono, Japan's traditional garment, which represents politeness and formality.

This is where my Erabrowlogy session begins!




Brow Preparation

To prep the brows for the embroidery, a gentle mask is applied on for about 15 minutes to remove excess sebum and dead skin cells.


EraBrow Design

After the mask is removed, Erabrow's Design Kit is prepared and it's time to shape em' brows!




First, Yuki neaten my brows by trimming strands that had grown out of place. I honestly can't remember when was the last time I touched my brows because to me, I was like, "Aiya, got eyebrows can already".




Next, Yuki assessed my face shape before drawing on the brow design that would frame my face best. I loved how patient she was in rectifying my brows to fit my face shape.

This step is VERY important as it determines the shape you'd like your eyebrows to have for the next 12 - 24 months.




Numbing Cream

Now that we've got my brows shaped, it's time to apply the numbing cream and let it sit for about 15 minutes so once it takes effect, I won't feel a thing when the embroidery begins.




I was then ushered to the very cosy Oscar-themed room where the 45 minute embroidery would take place.

As Yuki prepared the items for the embroidery, I went on to make myself comfortable on this fully-adjustable chair, snuggling under the soft blanket and almost started dozing off haha. This place is just so filled with tranquility, and it doesn't help that I'm someone who falls asleep easily especially in such a soothing environment.




Erabrowlogy eyebrow embroidery is not an invasive procedure. Instead, it's a gentle cosmetic artistry. However, certain safety measures are still necessary.

Yuki conducted a patch test to ensure no allergy to the pigment used was observed before starting on the embroidery. She also assured me by presenting all tools used are brand new and sterilized.






Applying Erabelle's in-house Soft Shading technique, together with certified-safe colours with layers of mineral and organic micro-pigments, Yuki started working her magic on my brows.

The whole process was fuss-free and totally painless that I actually really dozed off halfway.




Here's waking up to beautiful bold brows! Even though the colour is a little dark as this picture is taken just right after the embroidery, I'm loving how natural it looks and the delicate design of it really framed my face well.




After-care

Yuki explained how important it was to take good care of my brows after the embroidery, and advised no swimming or activities that would cause excessive sweating for a week so as to let the colour sit in properly, ensuring a more lasting colour retention.

A nicely-packaged After-care Kit was also prepared for me to take home; consisting of a Skin Calming Mask to soothe the skin, Hydra Cleansing Water for gentle make-up removal, and an After-care Cream for daily use to ensure the skin's proper healing.




Here's 1 week post-embroidery done, colour and shape softening to become more natural and best part is, the scabs were almost non-existent that I didn't even notice!

Thinking back, I've thoroughly enjoyed Erabelle's 90 minutes of Erabrowlogy eyebrow embroidery experience, and would highly recommend them to anyone who'd like to have their Eyebrow Embroidery done.


Cost

What's even better is they're one of the most reasonable priced places for eyebrow embroidery. Cost is only $1,314.00 for 4 sessions, which is probably enough to last way more than two years!

For those who require to rectify their existing embroidery or tattooed like me, the package is Erabrowlogy Redesign & Intensive Change which consists of 5 colour services, at $1,690.60.
It comes with pre-treatments and Browlogy Care kits.




With so much riding, especially under different hot/wet weather conditions, I'm booking my appointment with Erabelle for a luxurious facial spa next! ;)




Erabelle - The Seletar Mall
Address: 33 Sengkang West Avenue #04-19/20
The Seletar Mall
Singapore 797653
Tel: 6702 3933
Website: http://www.erabelle.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ErabelleSG
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 9:30am

To view ALL of Erabelle locations, please click here.

P.S. Appointments to be booked in advanced