Sunday 2 November 2014

2014 Ducati Panigale 899 - Sexy In A Way You Never Knew




Over the last couple of weeks, much thanks and support to Ducati Singapore, I’ve been given the utmost honor to literally get my hands.. and legs.. and entire body (hahaha) onto GQ Magazine World’s rated No.1 Must-Have item 2014, the stunning  

Ducati Panigale 899.

Oh lord, look at thaaat aaaaaass
 Man, it's such a hot property. Everyone wants a sexy piece of it!


Would this fine piece of machine steal my heart away from my very own Ducati Hypermotard? 
Or convince me to try attain the best of both worlds if I'm in love with both?

Just look at it, admire it, listen to it, take it all in and let it sex you up on fire!

Credits to ride44
I’ve heard that the Ducati Panigale 1199’s torque is overwhelming, but hang on, because the 899 doesn't disappoint either.


Now, this 899 is the very first sports bike I’m riding in 7 years of my life on two wheels. 

Honestly, I’ve never dared to try sports bikes because I was intimidated by it's riding position, it's low and so close to the ground you know blah blah. Besides, I'm inclined to scrambler set ups due to the Enduro sports I’m into. 


At last, first impression counts and the attractiveness of the 899 successfully got me enticed immediately. Igniting it’s Superquadro V-twin engine only made me salivate further. The name itself sounds awesome already. See, Suuu-perrr-quaaa-drrrro siol!

Okay I’ll stop bragging about it’s curves just for a while, and let’s check out how well it rides!


As much as Ducati called it a "supermid" sports bike, the 899 is still very much a Panigale and it slots neatly just below the 1199. As intimidating as it may sound, I am pleasantly surprised at how good (and easy) the handling was! 


With a simple twin-sided swing-arm, and milder brakes compared to the 1199, the 899 offers softer suspension along with a thicker, more comfortable seat for practical street riding. 

It has a pretty tight clutch, but with the electronic quick-shifter, changing gears was effortless.


The 1199 and 899 share similarities such as the aluminium monocoque frame, ABS braking system, adjustable DTC (Ducati Traction Control), and advanced electronic technology incorporated including 3 riding modes:


Wet
Riding in the rain, uh~ forgetting my rain coat and getting drenched but, this doesn't stop me from putting the 899's Wet mode to the test. 

Credits to telegraph.uk
With 110hp, I've observed smooth throttle response along with the DTC system that automatically adjusts accordingly to slippery road conditions. 


A fully enhanced ABS for lower grip combined with Brembo brakes ensures safe and efficient stopping. We know how useful that can be, especially riding in Singapore's potentially un-courteous traffic conditions.

Only thing is the footrest was as smooth as glass, allowing my shoes to slip off occasionally. 

Credit to canadamotorguide
Sports 
After the rain, it's time to hit a notch higher. 
I can feel a quicker but still smooth throttle response and with increased DTC and a sport-optimized EBC. Not forgetting both front and rear ABS

Credits to motorcycleusa, courtesy of Ducati
Race
Unleashing 148bhp at 10,750rpm, you can be sure now that the 899 qualifies as a superbike without a doubt. Throttle response is direct and hell yeah, that's where the fun kicks in. 

Credits to cpuhunter
Activating a condensed DTC and a race EBC level along with front-only ABS with significantly reduced anti-rear lift-up makes it an excitingly enjoyable session at the tracks. The 899 instantly transforms into a race machine and it sure sets temperature soaring.


The Best Of Both Worlds

To keep it short and sweet, the 899 is extremely suitable on the track as well as on the street. Stepping out in style and offering high technology with performance of the 1199, the 899 sits confidently in one of Ducati's most complete sports bike series ever produced. 

#Bike:Ducati Panigale 899 #Helmet:Arai #Suit:Dainese by Anna Elvira #Location:Singapore
Woman + Sexy Bike = Happy Woman
(Sorry if you were expecting me to say sex explosion or something hahaha)

Oh, guess what? The 899 was sold within a week right after I returned it :D Here's to another happy Ducati rider on the roads! Yay!




Ducati Singapore
Address: 9 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-01, Eunos Technolink, Singapore
Tel: 6631 8166
Opening Hours: 9:00am - 6:30pm