Sunday 30 March 2014

When I officially turned 18. That semi-legal age.

What happened when I turned 18 years old

My parents must have been exhausted going through their daughter's rebellious stage. Just as they thought it was over, we entered into the next phase, when I turned 18.

I felt LEGAL to do anything! Well, almost.

I went backpacking alone, I took my dive license, I took my driving license. I couldn't afford a car then, but hey! A bike seemed more friendly to my bank account (I can't emphasize how ridiculously expensive the price of a bike is now due to the ever-increasing COE)

Knowing my parents would neverrrr approve of it, I decide to do it secretly and surprise them by riding home one day in a scrambler when I got my license! (I know I'm such a sweet daughter right) Well, that was the plan.

So, off I went to Comfort Driving Centre@Ubi to enrol for my Class 2B Motorcycle License.

Wait, where am I gonna get the money to fund for my plan?

As I was still schooling, my daily pocket allowance was $4/day. Minusing the necessary expenses, it seemed pretty far from saving for a motorcycle. Not having include the cost of all my licenses and holidays.

A friend introduced me into the Talent industry so I started doing a little modelling during my high school days in Lasalle-SIA. The money was better than waitressing plus I didn't have to commit full time if I couldn't, due to my studies. Most events/modelling jobs were ad-hoc.
I saved most of the money I earned for my future usage which I did not know what would be then. But my parents always taught us to save save save. So yea, I saved.

Companies I worked with before are:
Sony
Samsung
Singtel
Singapore Airshow
F1 Red Bull Una
Hoyu Hairshow
Tony & Guy

Magazines/Articles featured in before:

Female
Cleo
The Straits Times, Life!
FHM
Maxim
MotorCulture