Monday 4 December 2017

Shiro Aesthetic Clinic - The Importance of Aesthetic Maintenance, Even More So As A Biker


People tend to think that motorcyclists are rugged.


And the truth is that, we are.


However, being rugged can be an attitude, instead of an outlook appearance.

In the Himalayas
Being an everyday motorcyclist who, at multiple times a year, engage in long distances touring through harsh weather conditions, you may think that I'd be too busy having fun to bother about skincare, let alone other aesthetic maintenance.


But no no no.


I love bikes, but I love beauty as well.


Make up is a wonderful tool, it enhances our features (you can see, even while having a helmet on) and it's like art, you can shape your looks with different colors.

But like everything else, building a good foundation is important and that is - Maintaining good skin.

PC: The Straits Times
We're blessed to have 365 days of Summer here in our tropical island where many women are affected by the high level of heat and humidity melting their make up, messing up their skin, or causing the birth of unsightly freckles/lines from the harmful UV rays.


I'm having it a little more intense, considering the fact that I'm always out on the roads where my skin is exposed to tons of dirt, dust and sweat within that full face helmet.


Yet one commonly asked question I tend to receive is: How do I keep my skin clear and fair?


Like many other girls who dig beauty treats, I do keep a look out for places that could help keep my overall aesthetic in place and this time, thanks to a girlfriend's recommendation, I found
Shiro Aesthetic Clinic and decided to give them a try.


Truth be told, I haven't gone for a single facial treatment since my #MotoHimalaya ride in August and with the festive season around the corner, I'd want my skin to be clear, glowing in radiance, brighter than the Christmas tree lights.

One of their cosy treatment rooms
"Shiro" means "White" in Japanese, and that's exactly what I'm always looking to achieve and upkeep - Fair, clear skin.. From face to body :)


Now, even though I have my own transport, location does place an important factor to me especially when I'm going to frequent the clinic on a regular basis.


So it was perfect when Google Maps showed Shiro Aesthetic Clinic conveniently located in the heart of town - at Mandarin Gallery.

Next, we all know what its like when we encounter doctors or beauticians who try to hard sell their products/services just to hit the sales figures, without genuinely caring about our aesthetic needs. Or, simply telling us what needs to be done based on their opinion, shrugging off any concerns that we may have or doubts we'd wish to clear before undergoing any kind of procedure.


So here's why I fancy Dr Zhang Yijun, who heads the sophisticated clinic.

Listen & Educate

During the consultation, what I appreciated most was he listened intently to me when I shared about my skin needs and other aesthetic queries, before educating me on how the different procedures work with the machines they have encompassing the latest technology and lastly, carefully suggesting the treatments I could go for to achieve my desired results.



After that little chat and exploring the rest of their services from Laser to Lifting treatments, Botox to Fillers, I decided to go with their Deep Cleansing Facial for a start because honestly, my poor skin needs to be properly treated first since it has battled through some really rough climates.

God knows how many layers of Himalayan dust and sand are still clogged in my pores! Time to rid them all now.


The main feature of Shiro's 45-minutes Deep Cleansing Facial was the Diamond Micro Dermabrasion treatment that would shed off dead skin cells and reach deep into the pores to effectively exfoliate the skin, reducing the appearance of scars and fine lines.


Got all comfy here before Jamie started the session off by gently removing my face makeup, carefully not touching my eyes because I still have a dinner appointment to attend after.


Next she worked some Diamond magic along with three different solutions that include Glycolic acid for exfoliation, Salicylic acid for antiseptic/anti-inflammatory purposes and sealing in Hyaluronic acid to purify and ensure my skin's moisture level after that deep cleanse.


The whole diamond micro dermabrasion process was pain-free other than the skin around the nose feeling a little sensitive at times, maybe because mine was on the dry side.


If you know me, you'd know I enjoy my sleep times a lot haha so the final step saw me me happily dozing off to some classical music for 20 minutes while a soothing mask was left on to treat and tighten those pores.

Skin was shining as bright as a diamond after one quick session! Woot!


3 Days after Shiro's Deep Cleansing Facial Treatment still had my skin looking super clean and clear, all ready for this coming Christmas!


They're currently running a facial treatment promo for first-timers like me, at just $180.00 for the first session! So you might just wanna check that out, together with the rest of the services you might be keen in.


And maybe, just maybe.. if you start noticing my face and body changing for the better over time (apart from eating healthy and regular exercise), Shiro might just be the reason why ;)



Shiro Aesthetic Clinic

Address: 333A Orchard Road #03-35 Mandarin Gallery
Singapore 238897
Tel: +65 6235 5655
Email: enquiry@shiroaestheticclinic.com.sg
Website: http://www.shiroaestheticclinic.com.sg
Shiro Aesthetic Clinic Instagram
Shiro Aesthetic Clinic Facebook