Tuesday 24 March 2015

Because Of You, We Are, SINGAPORE. #LeeKuanYew

 
Monday 23rd March 2015, 3:18AM

The passing of one of the world's greatest politician, someone whom we can proudly call our own, our Prime Minister Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

From nothing but dust, to a first world country, was what he built Singapore as it is with his hands, with his might, with his life.

He may have passed, but his legacy will live on.



In remembrance, here are some great quotes from the man himself:



"Even from my sickbed, even if you are going to lower me into the grave and I feel that something is going wrong, I will get up" - 1988


"I always tried to be correct, not politically correct."


"At the end of the day, what I cherish most are the human relationships. With the unfailing support of my wife and partner I have lived my life to the fullest. It is the friendships I made and the close family ties I nurtured that have provided me with that sense of satisfaction at a life well lived, and have made me what I am." - 2003


 "I've lived long enough to know that you may be idealized in life and reviled after you're dead."


“Between being loved and being feared, I have always believed Machiavelli was right. If nobody is afraid of me, I’m meaningless.”


“Anybody who decides to take me on needs to put on knuckle-dusters. If you think you can hurt me more than I can hurt you, try. There is no way you can govern a Chinese society.”





Because of You, we are, Singapore.
Because of You, we are, Singaporeans.



Thank you.