Monday 29 December 2014

REcord, REplay Your Lifestyle Moments with RE Camera, powered by HTC



"Focus on the moment, not your camera."

Built to fit your life. Designed to fit your hand.
It's HTC's newest innovative invention tailored for our lifestyle, the RE Camera.


Yeah, I know, it looks like an inhaler especially when I turn it upside down. I get that from everyone around me who sees me using this little device that makes a soft spraying sound whenever I click it.

"What is that?"

"Are you spraying something into the air?"

"It's cute!"

"Oh, is it some spy cam?"

It's a CAMERA!

I'm here to give you my unbiased reviews as an honest blogger and I've to say, ever since I got my hands on the RE, it's with me almost everywhere I go.



The RE sits snugly either in my make up pouch or my handbag's side pocket so when I see something I want to capture, I just whip it out and click.

It's as light as a feather which is definitely a plus point because I have so many things in my bag, and don't forget the helmet I'm already carrying around? Yeah.  


The RE design fits to seamlessly in my hands, and allows me to capture photos/videos without any distraction that sometimes (really) I forget that it's even there. 

Taken with my RE camera on my flight
As they say, never judge a book by it's cover. The RE may be tiny, but it definitely delivers more than it looks. Take a picture, a video, and even time lapse or slow motion. The RE can do it all with just one lens, one button.



It's so tiny, almost the size of a lipstick, yet it is equipped with a 16MP camera that it able to capture HD videos.

Taken with my RE camera at MotoGP 2014
It has a 146° wide angle lens to make sure nothing gets missed out. During video recordings, the RE does the basics but does not have a stabalizer so it's not so ideal for sports use as the video may turn out jerky compared to an action camera like Drift or GoPro. It records defined sound quality though. In low light, the RE still captures pretty good pictures with minimal noise.


It's WATERPROOF (no additional housing needed).

Credits to ubergizmo
Cool factor - The RE doesn't have a power button because it turns on by touch sensor! This prolongs your RE battery life because the minute you ain't holding it, it goes to sleep mode and comes back alive the second you hold it.

Credits to techradar
RE Accessories

You can opt to purchase the additional accessories such as the mount kit, or mini-tripod to shoot a time lapse video.


Credits to imore
RE App

You can view, share, and store your RE footage in your phone via the RE app. Yes, it's free.


Connect the RE to your phone easily with the RE App via WiFi and Bluetooth, compatible for both iOs and androids where the photos and videos captured are instantly streamed and synced into your phone.

Taken with my RE camera by controlling it from a distance away with my HTC Butterfly 2 phone

Via the RE app where I pair my phone and the RE together, I can also control it even if it's placed a distance away (as long as it can still connect via Wifi & Bluetooth) and snap on!

It also has a Timer function which allows me to get into position before the photo is captured.
It's that convenient.


Using a camera doesn’t get any easier than this.
Yours at only $348.


HTC Singapore
Locations: http://www.htc.com/sea/support/storelocator.aspx
Operating Hours: 9:00am - 9:00pm
Tel: 1800 415 5505‎
Website: www.htc.com/sea/