Tuesday 15 July 2014

Test Ride Special - Ducati HyperStrada

Ducati Hyperstrada
A new extension of the Ducati Hypermotard's (my current ride) concept that widens the horizon of riding with resolute ergonomics and touring features.

Special thanks and support to Ducati Singapore, I'm here to test ride the beautiful pearl white Ducati Hyperstrada in preparation for my upcoming weekend ride up Sungai Lembing, East Malaysia.

Briefing on the bike from the friendly knowledgeable Ducati staff, Jason

As part of their dedicated team of service, I've got good lookin' Jason, who patiently explained the details and characteristics of the Hyperstrada with each different riding modes available to choose from (Sports, Touring, Urban).

Ok, press this..and this..and this.

I'm not exactly very tall for a lady (boohoo! :( neither am I short ok), therefore I do face some challenges in the limitation of bikes I can choose from for touring as I would want to be 100% comfortable on the bike.

For example, I may like a GS1200R with great settings but I may not choose to ride it as it's too tall and heavy weight for my handling. 

My excited squashed face in my AGV Valentino Rossi helmet

I was glad the Hyperstrada's seat height was very perfect for me (not too high and not too low), with both legs being able to touch the ground without having to strain my not-so-flexible ligaments lol (unlike being on a KTM200EXC).

Not just that, the upright sitting position was similarly comfortable (just like my Hypermotard) and the handlebar positioning allowed easy manoeuvring.


My purple parrot tail

Did just a few rounds and the Hyperstrada felt pretty smooth, less torquey as compared to my Hypermotard with a much gradual pick up.

Let's see how it fares as I take the beauty up this weekend, covering slightly over 1,000KM.
Stay tuned for the full reviews! ;)



Ducati Singapore
Address: 9 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-01, Eunos Technolink, Singapore
Tel: 6631 8166
Opening Hours: 9:00am - 6:30pm