Wednesday 7 May 2014

Special Thanks to HAIR INC. - My Ombré Hair For A Female Biker Like Me



I'm someone who seldom does anything to my hair. I don't go for regular trims, cuts, treatments nor color. In fact, I don't really like visiting the hair salon as every time I step in, a minimum of 90 minutes in spent in there.

Just sitting there, waiting for my hair to be done (uh~ when I could do other stuffs like walk around) and also my ass would go numb after sitting for so long.

This time, I thought, let's try something different.

Special thanks to Hair Inc., I'm doing...
Ombré Purple at the hair ends with dash of purple highlights along the tip of the fringe!

Hair Inc. Salon
Hair Inc.'s friendly staffs greeted me as I stepped into the spacious yet cosy salon. Mei was my stylist for the day, and she patiently explained to me the steps we'd be going through to achieve the results I'm hoping for.

Hair Inc.'s products neatly stacked up
You know, the last thing you want is to step into a salon anticipating for your hair to go through some awesome transformation but in the end, your hair turns out to be so far from your ideal expectations and it's SO messed up, you feel like strangling the stylist but you can't, so you walk out of the salon feeling damn pissed because you gotta live with it for a while.

It's dreadful.
My broom head
First up, Mei analyzed my hair and said yes, it was dry with split ends. There were quite a number of tangles too because I only comb my hair when I feel like it and it doesn't help that my hair is fine. The best part is, my ends would need to be bleached, so that the purple color would turn out accurate. Which also means, my hair would become EVEN MORE dry. Lol.

Purple dye mix

Hot mocha was served as it was pouring heavily outside, and stacks of magazines readily placed in reach to pass time as my hair transformation begins.

Mei started by carefully applying the dye onto my hair, making sure that it was evenly distributed at every point (from my fringe, to the ends). After the dye was left on for my hair to absorb the color, a steamer was placed over my head to help speed up to process.


Once done, I proceeded to the back of the salon where I laid back on their comfortable chairs and enjoyed a relaxing head massage by Mei while she rinsed and shampooed my hair.  As the hair is usually more dry after stripping it of it's nutrients from bleaching and dyeing, Mei slathered on Loreal Vitamin Color Hair Treatment to soften and enrich my hair at the same time.

After which, the treatment was rinsed off, had my hair blown dry and tada!
Total time spent in the hair salon: 4 hours, and the results were out.

Tada! My Ombre Purple Hair

7 Simple (Yet Tedious) Steps To My Ombré Hair

1. Bleach the ends
2. Purple dye (for the hair ends and fringe)
3. Brown dye (to even out my current brown hair)
4. Steamer (so the color sips in faster)
5. Sit and wait till my ass numbs for the color to be absorbed by my hair
6. Wash & blow dry
7. Trim split ends

Isn't it a cool contrasting color compared to my red Ducati? ;)




Loving the results!
My hair ends are more dry now so I've started to use Loreal Elseve Extraordinary Oil Serum to tame those tresses.

Now if you see a female biker in purple ponytail riding a Ducati Hypermotard, you can be sure it's me! :D




Hair Inc.
Address: 4A Kensington Park Road, Serangoon Garden Estate, Singapore
Tel: 6487 4778
Opening Hours: Daily 10:00am - 8:00pm
Prices: From $30 onwards