Saturday 1 October 2016

My Road to Recovery



Hello guys!

Ugh I'm so sorry for the lack in updates ever since the post on my panigale chrome work because I've been spending the past month really focusing my leg's recovery;


from keeping positive,

Thanks to ww for all those high calcium foods

to loading up on lotsa calcium to strengthen those bones,


to being careful with my restricted movement.... (LOL, I know that doesn't look like I'm being careful at all but trust me, I was... hahaha)


to hospital visits.. uh I dread them,


to sweating buckets just trying to take my dog out on a wheelchair and yeah, trying to be generally less clumsy to avoid more injury (haha yes, I can actually be quite a clumsy person).



Every other day, I'll take photos of my recovery progress.

Check it out, I even have the Map of Africa on my thigh.
Biggest. Bruise. EVER.




Being an active daily-rider, it was tough trying not to rush the recovery because I was not used to being unable to even walk properly, let alone ride.

What normally takes me 3 seconds took me easily 30 minutes with my injury, such as just simply positioning my bike, or getting it off the side stand because I was unable to put any weight on the left feet. I felt sooo handicapped :...(



There are days where I'll wake up and tell myself, OK I'm better today.

Then, with my heart full of Hope, I'll roll on the wheelchair down and look at my red babies, get on either of them, only to realize I can't even shift the gears after trying hard.



I will then roll to one corner and sometimes, tears well up, as I struggle with facing that day of still not being able to ride or have my movements function properly.



Knowing how much I miss riding, my girlfriend here decided to take me out on her Kawasaki Versys 650. I was just happy wearing my helmet and going out for a ride even though I had to carry my crutches on the other hand LOL.

Apart from sending me loads of calcium foods like his favourite bran, ww also came over to take me out for dinners or just a breather and cheered me up alot with his silly jokes.




Late night drives along those pretty city lights with the whole roof down, thank you for trying to help me feel what the next closest thing to riding might be, with the winds on my skin..



Actually it made me miss riding even more! I love night rides, because they're the most cooling time with little or no traffic, and it makes riding so enjoyable.

So I got home and I decided to start off with my easiest bike, the Suzuki DR200, in hope that it wouldn't be too difficult for my feet to change gears in the fat air cast. It wasn't easy initially, but I got around it :)




My mood significantly improved when I was able to ride my Suzuki, and what sweetened the next few days was SALTLY HANDS sending over loaddssss of LOVEEE!


If you're a salted egg yolk lover, you're gonna absolutely dig these bags of chips. They're seriously the best I've ever had. I finished them all in less than 48 hours.


The awesome guys from Speedzone told me not to drown in discouragement.



Instead, they took me to drown in some delicious fish head curry! Pardon my crutches for photobombing my pictures, they were like my 2nd pair of legs during that period when I couldn't walk.


Thank you K for taking me out to lunch while coaching me on my property career

I know, as the doctor advised, I should refrain from moving about too much, keep my leg elevated whenever possible to help in the de-swelling and all. But staying home doing nothing was the last thing on my mind.

And no one knows it better than Kevin Lim who's my mentor in my property career as a realtor, as he was also previously a hard core motocross rider. He took me out and shared with me how he spent his time productively, even when he was recovering from a broken arm that occured during a practice.



Apart from that, I was kept busy with work and shoots too, which really helped otherwise I'd be at home counting the seconds and wondering when I can walk normally again.




Slowly, I started to get off the wheelchair, crutches, and finally air cast.



I can finally snug my feet back into my TCX Boots and..


Gradually, I resumed back to day and cooling night rides!




Well, more than a month have passed, and I'm glad to share that my leg is recovering really well so far :)

It's not back to a 100% yet, but almost! At least I can fit both my feet in my shoes, walk without limping and definitely ride with ease once again. Feels good to be back on my two wheel babies and ever thankful to be able to recover.

See you on the road guys!!
And ride safe always!