Friday 21 July 2017

Day 1-3 #Ride&Dive : Singapore > Manila, Philippines : Inside Racing Bike Festival & Trade Show


It's been about 3 years since I last visited Philippines as I reminisce the wonderful memories I had in Boracay back then and I've been talking about doing a RIDE & DIVE trip in this country filled with many amazing dive spots for quite awhile now!

Pc: kurt amsler
Home to some of the world's top dive sites, it's a diver's paradise here and I'm so excited that this trip is finally happening!!

Pc: cntraveller
It's hard to believe it but Philippines actually comprises of over 7,000 islands,


with Manila being the country's capital.


It's my first time here and what better way to kickstart my #Ride&Dive trip by checking out Philippines biggest bike fest, the Inside Racing Bike Festival & Trade Show!


All thanks to Metzeler Philippines and Motoworld Philippines for this exclusive invitation,


where I was given the opportunity to speak to the Philippine media, sharing how the reputable brand Metzeler came about and their latest tyres that are perfect for the underbones and scooters here - both segments that currently dominate the Philippine motorcycling market.



Over the next few days, I spent my time checking out almost every booth here at the bike show and gained deeper insights to the local's motorcycling market from speaking with the different dealers and crowd goers.



The demand for motorcycles in the Philippines recorded the highest jump among other economies in 2016 monitored by the Asean Automotive Federation as it continues to grow strongly this year.
A far cry indeed from Singapore's two wheeler market that seems to be sadly declining.



Ok let's not go there. How about some cheerful smiles here ;)


Like every other bike show that I attend around the world, I would never miss out the babes cuz they're the ones who add life to the nicely displayed machines!


After hearing and seeing so much at Philippines largest bike fest, it's time to gear up for the next day as I officially begin my #Ride&Dive adventure with non other than the fun crew from C!Magazine!





[Singapore. Manila Philippines]
[Mileage Clocked: 0KM]
[Weather/Temperature: 36°C/Can You Smell The Heat]

Next stop: Marilaque, Tanay