Wednesday 8 March 2017

Day 1 #7DaysTaiwan : Singapore > Taipei : 4 Hours To Endless Shopping Eating & Partyyy


Maybe my mind didn't register the fact that it was 14 degrees in Taipei? I was absolutely underdressed for the weather in this thin piece of romper.



12:00 PM

We were all smiles and excited as we checked-in for our flight, not knowing what to expect out of this trip. Being the big sister here, I was the one who was responsible for planning out the entire itinerary, arrange the bikes, book the hotels, basically everything.

Its great to have boys around, they help to carry all my heavy bags hahah

So when the boys asked me what was our plan for today, the next day, and the next next day, I was like "Oh, today we're gonna shop eat and partyyyy! Then next day wake up at 7:00am for the ride"

"Ride to where?"

"I don't know yet leh. I think just see the map ride down South lor"


The look of worry quickly shadowed over their excited expression earlier on.


But hey, at least I got us some reasonably-priced air tickets! Caught Scoot's mini sale where we got our round trip ticket for $312 including checked-in baggage :)))


With us laming around like that and a short nap afterwards, the flight duration of 4.5 hours from Singapore to Taipei passed pretty quickly!


My local friend, Jason, was kind enough to come pick us from the airport and took us straight to check in to our hotel first, leaving all our bags before heading right out to dinner!

It was cold. I think if I had thermals it wouldn't feel so cold? But yeah, I was only dressed in a single layer of cotton romper. No right to complain.

From left: David, Kyle, Jason, Me, Cynthia
07:00 PM

What better way to enjoy the chilly night with awesome company over some mouth-watering steamboat!! Met up with one of Taipei's hottest biker chick and TV host, Cynthia, who joined us for the scrumptious dinner as we exchanged our two wheel stories!


Nom nom nom.



Shilin Night Market

After dinner, we went onto Shilin Night Market to shop and...


continue eating LOL.

It's a holiday! We shall not be judged for pigging out hahaha. Besides, how could anyone refuse Taiwan's street food? They're so good!

We refrained from shopping because for the next 5 days, we'll be traveling on motorcycles with all our baggage strapped on so we need to travel light.


Omni Night Club
Address: 106, Taiwan, Taipei City, Da’an District, Section 4, Zhongxiao E Rd, 201號

After combing through Shilin Night Market, the clock striked twelve and it was time to... PARTY!!!

PC: taiwanights
Popular clubs like Room 18, Luxy, have apparently all closed down and the next happening night club was Omni, recommended by Cynthia.


You'd need your passports as ID to enter the club, which David conveniently forgot to bring. Thankfully, he looked old enough for the club's minimum age limit I guess? So they let him in without checking hahaha.


Listed as one of the Top 10 nightclubs in Taipei, we found ourselves pumping to EDM and a bit of trance music paired with flashing laser beam lights everywhere.

I totally do not look like an alcoholic

Drinks there were cheap, average $8 - $10/shot or glass as we had the usual whiskey, vodka and tequila shots. The thing about drinking is knowing when to stop, although sometimes when the alcohol kicks into your brain, you just keep drinking until you're knocked out.



But not for us! Hehe we're here just to have a little fun, to check out Taiwan's nightlife scene since it's the first time for all of us so we only had a few rounds before hitting the dance floor, with me proudly showing off my "vaune-invented" shuffling dance moves.

Kyle said I just looked like I was running on the spot -.-


03:00AM

Got back to the hotel safely and as I set my alarm for the next day, my phone happily shows that I have barely 5 hours left to sleep.... Ahh and tomorrow, we start the first day of our ride!!

Goodnight!



[Singapore. Taipei.]
[Mileage Clocked: 0KM]
[Weather/Temperature: 14°C]

Next stop: Hua Lien