Sunday 7 June 2015

Day 5 #B.E. Hua Hin - Petchaburi - Bangkok : Turning Up The Heat With Biker Chicks Thailand (BCT)


We're turning up the heat here in Bangkok as I got to spent the whole afternoon with Thailand's hottest female bikers, Anniie and Dala from Biker Chicks Thailand! My life is now complete :D



Sat quietly, overlooking Hua Hin beach from the hotel's bar as I collected my thoughts about my journey so far before moving off, heading for Bangkok.


Checked out of this lovely sanctuary reluctantly. 
This picture looks so filled with tranquility but actually I had all my baggage on my shoulders and arms that I was actually starting to sweat while taking this photo haha.



Everyday, I load and unload my 40KG worth of baggage from my bike, which is like a mini workout exercise to me already. Haha the consequence of not exercising that regularly :p 

Also, I always have my bike parked literally right outside the hotel lobby where there is a security guard keeping watch because the last thing you want is to wake up realizing your bike is gone. Even if initially the guards refuse to let me park there, I would politely insist and a small tip always does the job.

Apart from that, I double up the security level of my bike by locking my bike and adding a disc lock at the wheel too.

Better be safe (or kiasu for Singaporeans) than sorry!  


Bangkok was a short 200KM ride from Hua Hin, and I set off early because I wanted to avoid the traffic jams there. The jams there can be so bad even bikes would have a problem lane splitting or squeezing through cars, buses, tuktuks there.


Traffic was really clear from Hua Hin through to Petchaburi. I didn't need the GPS or road signs to tell me I was in Bangkok, I just know when I see all the traffic build up all around me! Especially all the colorful taxis in pink, yellow, green, blue. Like all the colors I have on my helmet also. Hahaha.


With about 1,000 members in Thailand's biggest biker chick group named Biker Chicks Thailand, I was really pumped up about Bangkok because I was gonna meet some of them! True enough, when I arrived at The Sukosol Bangkok, I see all of them with their awesome rides, waiting for me!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I'm completely exhilarated!!!

From KTM dukes, to Kawasaki Ninjas, Ducati monsters and more!


Not only are their rides stapled with SWAG, so are they! These ladies are gorgeous!
Someone pass me a pack of toilet roll please, I'm about to experience a major nose bleed.


Much thanks to Kittiphat and Liqui Moly Thailand for arranging this meet up with BCT and the photoshoot for several media press in Thailand, I'm so so glad and thankful to have received so much support from Biker Chicks Thailand and The Land of Smiles on my ride to Everest Base Camp.

With Anniie, Thailand's hottest celebrity biker chick

It's a scorching hot day but our make up stays and so does our smiles! :)


After the shoot, these lovely ladies brought me to a wonderful lunch where we chatted, laughed and talked about why we loved riding so much. I found it effortless bonding with these ladies because we have one common passion - Motorbikes.

With Anniie
Having the privilege to spend the whole afternoon with these girls, I've learnt a lot from them and even as we rode together on the roads, I've observed their natural defensive riding skills especially in the erratic traffic of Bangkok. It is very important to have and practice.

Credits to Anniie
As they say, never judge a book by its cover.

Not only are the babes from Biker Chicks Thailand stunning, they handle their big bikes really well too. We're talking about high speed knee downs, poppin' wheelies and stoppies here, boys :p Yet they carry themselves with so much elegance and class when off their bikes, something I need to learn. Hahaha :xxx

Go ahead and feel free to check them out!

Facing Central World on Ratchadamri Road
I continued on my way exploring the buzzing Bangkok city on my Suzuki DR200 and went pass Central World..

And then The Platinum Fashion Mall... !!


Oh man, why did I torture myself this way by riding past these malls. I WANT TO SHOP! I told my bike.

I looked at my bike, it looks back at me, I look at the mall, and I look back at my bike. It was like "No way, woman. I'm carrying enough of your things. Do we look like we have any space left for shopping?"

BOOHOOHOO.

Ok no shopping. I promise I'll come back with two empty cargo luggage next time.


There are so many tuk tuks around here and for once, I don't have to worry about bargaining prices with them to get around Bangkok because I've got my very own ride!


After a night's stay, it's time to leave Bangkok and I'm already missing these girls from Biker Chicks Thailand but darlings, I promise I'll be back to see all you ok!! Maybe with my baby Ducati the next time round? ;)

Hehe.



[Singapore.Malaysia.Thailand.]
[Mileage Clocked: 2,200KM]
[Weather/Temperature: Burning Hot/40°C]
[Terrain: Road/Average/Tarmac]

Next stop: DETOUR - Kanchanaburi, Thailand