Thursday 4 June 2015

Day 2 #B.E. Malaysia - Hat Yai, Thailand


Sawadeeka!

Hello Thailand!

The last time I rode up here to Hat Yai on my Suzuki DR200 was in May last month, the dry run for THE trip happening NOW.

Previously I had my friends accompany me during the dry run to learn what goes on at the Malaysia-Thailand Sadao Border crossing.  This time, I'm on my own! Just me, myself, and 100% loaded up with all that baggage filled with everything I need for this trip.

1I had all the Custom & Immigration steps in my mind on repeat mode to ensure I go through it smoothly.



What You Need
Vehicle Log Card - Print from One Motoring or go LTA pay $10.70 for the True Copy with stamp
Vehicle Insurance - Purchased in Malaysia (18RM for 9 days coverage), at Bukit Ayer Hitam
Passport - Make sure passport is stamped at both borders. No stamp, you don't need to go home already. GG!!!


Checked out of The Crossroads Hotel and moved off from Kuala Lumpur at 6:00am, there was no traffic at all, so different from what is was the day before during peak hours. The best part about setting off early - It grants you really smooth access to your route and can save you a lot of time.

The bad part - Having to drag that ass outta bed, fighting the temptation of snoozing off.


I headed straight for Sadao Border.

At the Customs & Immigration Checkpoint, I knew I was gonna have a rollin' time in The Land of Smiles. Looks like these guys, who have not one, but two jet skis towed in for some fun too!
Looks damn dope. 


For long hours of endurance riding, it's crucial to hydrate. Sufficient water helps keep your body cool in such intense heat. Furthermore with all the gears I'm wearing, I sweat a lot each time I stop, be it for a toilet break or a petrol refuel so it's important to replenish all that water lost.


Told Sleeping Buddha I'll be back to see him when I was there on Labour Day last month in May, and here I am again! Rode over to see him first thing when I reached Hat Yai before checking into the hotel.


To my surprise, Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) came to the hotel and greeted me! Much thanks to TAT Singapore, the Tourism Board of Thailand is aware of my trip up to Everest Base Camp and they have given their 100% support and are so filled with hospitality as I travel through Thailand.


Went to Sirada Seafood restaurant in Ko Yo where it was located out in the open, stretching towards the Songkhla Lake. Just 30 minutes from Hat Yai, this place was fully packed with both locals and visitors.


Isn't the sunset gorgeous?

Thailand enjoys long hours of day time in summer with the sun rising as early as 5:30am, and setting only at 7:00pm.

#nofilter

Ending off the day with a beautiful sunset by the bay and the cool breeze that relaxes my soul which I dearly need.

[Singapore.Malaysia.Thailand.]
[Mileage Clocked: 1,020KM]
[Weather/Temperature: Sunny/31°C]
[Terrain: Road/Average Tarmac]


Next stop: Surat Thani, Thailand