Wednesday 3 June 2015

Day 1 #B.E. Singapore - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


Crouching Tiger, Leaping Rider.

Trying to dodge the wind blast although my bike's cruising speed ain't fast at an average of 110kmh. For once, I won't have to worry about exceeding speed limits on North South Highway hahaha (limit is 110kmh).


Starting Mileage: 72754

Sorry for sucha bad picture. I was feeling too emotional during the flag off, I forgot to snap a picture of my starting mileage.. until I entered Malaysia's North South Highway. Hence, I shot this quickly while on the go with my HTC Re Camera.



Here's a better shot after my first roughly 150km, taken at Pagor's petrol kiosk.


Apart from protection, being in comfortable riding gears is important, especially when I'll be wearing it every single day, up to 8 hours a day or more, for a month. Man, it better be comfortable.

My concern was most all-weather touring jackets tend to feel a bit warmer especially when worn during summer or in the day when it's hot. Sometimes your body feels like it can't breathe.

But my RS Taichi Drymaster is really airy and light, with huge vents that opens up at the side and back, allowing pretty good air ventilation so far. Wonder how well it'll work when it pours or when temperatures dip! Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Credits to The Crossroads Hotel
After about 400km, I've reached Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and checked into cosy Crossroads Hotel. It's literally situated at major a cross junction. Hurriedly wash up and was excited because with much thanks to Ministry of Superbikes (MOS) and Motor Culture Malaysia, they've organized a mini press conference for me at the hotel's roof top bar.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Shining bright like diamonds, the iconic Twin Towers stands out at night.

MOS Video Interview
Was honestly a bit nervous meeting everyone with all the media and press around, but they were all so friendly and relaxed, which made me feel much better after a while. Many, whom personally wanted to know why I'm doing this trip and how did I go about planning for it.



It was great meeting the Malaysia press, sponsors and fellow bikers whom have all gave their very own words of encouragement for me to bring along on my journey. There's this warm feeling that I get receiving such support from even our neighbouring country.



I'm Singaporean, but you know it's such a wonderful feeling when Beyond Everest doesn't just involve Singapore. It's amazing when other countries like Malaysia and Thailand step forward with their support to be part of this too!

Speaking off which, my next stop: Thailand.



[Singapore.Malaysia.]
[Mileage Clocked: 401KM]
[Weather/Temperature: Sunny/30°C]
[Terrain: Road/Smooth Tarmac]


Next stop: Hat Yai, Thailand.